Our fuel system service lets you save at the pump, extend the life of your vehicle, minimize costly repairs, and increase running efficiency. Dulles South Chantilly Automotive recommends regularly inspecting and servicing your gas or diesel fuel system.
You already spend a lot on fuel. So, don’t let a dirty fuel system cost you more.
Fuel System Service Is Important
Dirty fuel can clog fuel injectors and reduce engine performance. This affects sensors and other engine components. Poor fuel quality also causes dirty fuel injectors or misfires, robbing power and hurting your gas mileage.
We perform some or all of these fuel system services:
- Inspect the fuel filter for mileage interval replacement
- Inspect fuel injectors for proper operation
- Identify need for fuel system and throttle body cleaning
- Replace of engine air filter when dirty
- Inspect PCV valves for gummy residue
- Service fuel lines, tanks, hoses, filters, pumps, gauges, and pressure regulators
- Inspect evaporative system
Fuel Injectors – Gasoline Direct Injection
Gasoline direct injection (GDI) engines spray highly pressurized fuel directly into the hottest part of the engine combustion chamber. With GDI, sticky oil deposits can build up and obstruct critical airflow. When that happens, the only solution is to remove and physically scrub air induction components.
BG GDI Performance Service prevents oil from seeping past piston rings and re-depositing on system components.
This service may include:
- Clean fuel injectors, throttle body, plenum, and air intake
- Clean intake valves and ports
- Remove combustion chamber deposits
- Correct balance of fuel and air in system
Fuel injection and or induction services should be performed every 30-50,000 miles.
Signs of Problems
Even with regular maintenance sometimes things break. Have your fuel system checked if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Smell gas
- Fuel mileage decreasing
- Power loss
- Hesitation or misfire on acceleration
- Vehicle will crank, but not start
- Illuminated check engine light
- Hard start
- Pinging or knocking
- Failed emissions test